Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Pink Pasta!


Pasta salad: often we think of a sad bowl of mayo-dressed macaroni, left out in the sun to die at a barbecue or picnic. But that need not be the case! This super yummy, veggie-laden pasta salad makes a great summer meal for the whole family, or an impressive side dish for your next potluck. Plus, it's pink from those yummy seasonal fresh beets, so it's pretty to boot. I'm all about mixing up salads for summer meals lately. I love a good pasta dinner for Meatless Monday (or any day of the week, really) but July isn't really spaghetti & red sauce weather, so I had to think outside the box a little. This dish is filling yet cool and refreshing, packed with flavor, and is a true 'eat the rainbow' type recipe.

In the warm(er) summer months I love to keep fresh pesto on hand. Whether I make it myself or buy good quality, it's so delicious to toss a spoonful into dishes to really liven up the taste. If you're buying it, go for fresh if you can, and make sure the ingredients don't list any nasties.


No comments:

Post a Comment