Thursday, February 11, 2016

1 Month Old


I'm two days late posting this, but my little angel is a month old and I have no idea when that happened. Call me crazy, but when I look at photos of Chloe from her first week I can't believe how different, how much bigger she already is. 

Current advancements
She's holding her head up like a champ (see below selfies, taken late last night with my new selfie stick!). She's starting to make discernible baby noises that aren't grunts or cries, like, goo-goo-ga-ga type noises, and I can't wait for full-fledged baby talk. That jet black hair is coming in thicker every day, and we've nailed down a routine and sleep schedule. Believe it or not, once I put her down for the night (usually between 12 and 1 am) she only gets up once to feed in the night, and goes straight back to sleep until about 9am. Last night I got 7 hours of sleep, I kid you not. How on earth did I get so lucky?!



Current struggles:   
Baby acne. No clue where it came from, it just showed up out of the blue the other day. I've been told that it normally is at its worst between 4 and 6 weeks, but I'm really hoping it clears up soon. I know it doesn't bother Chloe, but I feel like it does (as if it's a rash or something). But our (my) biggest current struggle is with little miss Chloe's intolerance of dairy. In any form and quantity. It took a lot of discomfort on her part, poor thing, before we discovered that she was getting painful gas/trapped wind and constipation every time I ate dairy. Once I cut it all out of my diet, it took about a week to fully get out of my system, and she's sweet as can be (though she can still make quite a rumble in her nappy after I eat chili - learned that lesson the hard way when she went through 5 nappies in the span of about 10 minutes).

I think my biggest dairy struggle is finding a butter substitute, but I'm also having to re-think a lot of my classic Italian go-to recipes as well. I'm planning to do a post on dairy-free-ness soon, but if you've had this issue with a newborn being dairy intolerant before, drop me some wisdom in the comments! 



No comments:

Post a Comment