Thursday, February 11, 2016

Midweek Meals: Tri-Tomato Spaghetti with Prawns


I mentioned before that I was struggling to cook my favourite Italian recipes without being able to eat dairy (I miss my Parmesan and mozzarella!), but I came up with a recipe today that ticks all of the flavour boxes without any cheese. Here is a super quick and refreshing pasta dish, which can be cooked and eaten during baby's naptime with time to spare. I made it as a lunch today but it is certainly hearty enough for a dinner! You could also add fresh clams, mussels or squid to this, if you're lucky enough to be able to get your hands on some.  I picked up the tomatoes, spinach, basil, prawns and spaghetti at Lidl this week, and the Puglian olive oil, [leftover] rose wine, and garlic are from Aldi. That's literally all there is to this dish - and it has the Husband's Stamp of Approval.


Easy enough, right? It's a great option for a Meatless Monday recipe, or a Fish Friday during Lent. If you can't find a good variety of tomatoes this time of year where you live, feel free to Pin, print, or save the recipe above for a warmer season when tomatoes are plentiful. And if you're not a fan of seafood, this recipe would work great with diced chicken breast as well!

All of the ingredients I picked up at Lidl, minus the spinach, which was busy getting washed in the sink!

I love this Italian olive oil from Aldi; highly recommended!


If you try the recipe, let me know how it went below in the comments!



No comments:

Post a Comment