Tuesday, March 29, 2016

MM Approved: Diapers, Chocolate, and Laundry- Oh My!




You know how sometimes you're walking around IKEA, and you come across some brilliant storage/organisational device/object and it stops you in your tracks and makes you say, how have I ever functioned without this? Pretty much the same thing happened when I got my hands on the Ubbi Diaper Caddy and Wipes Dispenser. With the limited space in our one-bedroom flat, I don't have tons of room for a fancy changing table and shelves (Chloe still shares a bedroom with us!) and this compact changing station has everything at an arm's reach. 

I love how the wipes dispenser is easily opened with one hand (how annoying can the plastic wipes packets be to open one-handed? Aargh!) and it stays open. It has a clear window in the side, so you can see when you're getting low on wipes - no more surprises mid-diaper-change when you pull the last wipe out of a packet! I use Mamia Sensitive wipes, and they fit in this universal dispenser just fine, and I've tried Pampers wipes in it as well.


 The wipes dispenser alone is worth its weight in gold, but combine it with the Diaper Caddy and it gets even better. There's a changing mat in the slot at the back, and a drawer that can fit a full-size bottle of baby powder with room to spare. With space for about 20 diapers (size 3 at the moment), it's enough that if we want to go away for the night (like when we went to my in-laws' over Easter weekend), you can just grab the caddy and go without worrying if you've packed enough diaper-changing supplies. 

Or, if I'm in the living room and *someone* needs a diaper change, I don't have to grab ten things (or ask Steve to bring me this, that, and the other thing)- just grab the caddy and you're all set! The size isn't too big that it's a pain to lug around; if we were road tripping, I would just keep it on the backseat and it would hardly take up any room at all. By far one of the handiest baby products this on-the-go family has come across- five stars!!

Sainsburys, £3.50


I was convinced that I wouldn't get to enjoy Easter chocolate this year because of my dietary needs, but I was proven wrong! Now, I love me some good dark chocolate, don't get me wrong, but I'm sort of missing milk chocolate and candy in general. In particular, I've had a recent craving for caramel. I was pleasantly surprised when the hubby found me this dairy-free Easter Egg from Sainsburys in the "Free From" section - and it's caramel to boot! Super yummy, I ate the entire thing in one sitting. Whoops! 

Size 3, Midi, Pack of 56
Sainsburys, £4


My mother-in-law stopped by last week and saved me a trip to the supermarket by picking up some nappies for me. I've mentioned before that I mainly use Mamia from Aldi, and although I've tried quite a few brands by now, I hadn't yet bought Sainsburys nappies. I'm really quite happy with them; Chloe has just begun sleeping through the night (about 9pm-6am) and they've held up really well. She had one leak, but I really can't fault the nappy at all - it was HEAVY and FULL to capacity; I think any nappy would have leaked with that much wee in it. They're soft, they fit well, and they seem to be pretty absorbent. I'd definitely buy them again! 

Anco So Soft Fabric Conditioner
Aldi, £1.40?


I accidentally threw away the receipt and can't find it online, so I'm not sure how much this fabric conditioner cost; I think it was around £1.40 but I can't be sure. Not that it matters too much to me; because sadly I won't be buying it again. Even though it has the "Good Housekeeping" seal of approval, I was let down by this fabric conditioner. It smells... cheap, and strong (too strong for "sensitive" fabric conditioner, if you ask me) and my clothes came out crunchy once dried. Yes, we hang-dry our laundry, but with a good fabric conditioner, it's not too bad. But this time? Yikes. It was like folding cardboard when I took my towels off of the drying rack. Maybe it's not as concentrated as other brands, but all in all, not a winner for me. Sorry, Aldi! Still love you, though. 

Have you tried any of the above products? Love em? Hate em? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment