Friday, March 4, 2016

TGIF: Week in Review

Left: Catching a quick workout while Chloe naps.          Right: We finally figured out the sling! She's still not crazy about it, though.
This week has been a pretty good one; we're starting to get into a rhythm with Steve's new job; he's pretty much self-employed now, so we had to figure out how to run smoothly on the days when he has to work at home. After all, there's not much room in this 1 bedroom flat for an office, and I don't want to be confined to the bedroom all day with Chloe when he's set up our dining table as his 'desk'. It's a new, exciting chapter for both of us and we're just making it all work as he's getting things rolling. Short term sacrifices = long term goals, or something like that.

I went to Costco and picked up the only decent bagels I can get over here, so it's been bagels for breakfast, bagel sandwiches for lunch, bagel "pizzas" for dinner... almost a bagel a day in one way or another.


Broke my new yoga mat in this week since I got the all-clear to start working out again from the doctor. I actually just downloaded three new pilates/workout apps yesterday, so I'll be trying those out (and probably reviewing them in the next MM Approved post) in the days/weeks to come.

On the Chloe front, she smiles and reacts to things more and more every day, and her babbling skills are developing more as well. I just cannot get enough. We tested the waters with dairy again, at the suggestion of our GP, and poor little angel did not handle it well, so I'm still avoiding the cow. We have discovered, however, that goat/sheeps' milk/cheeses are just fine, so I've found a brilliant soft goat cheese with herbs that I've been using as a cream cheese substitute on my bagels. Happy mummy.


Don't forget to follow me on Instagram, @munchiemummyd!

No comments:

Post a Comment